Meredith Caley is the coordinator of the Boulder County Personal Finance Program, where they focus on preparing individuals for homeownership.
Do you want to learn how to buy a house? Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for free.
Top Tips for Buying a Home
What is your biggest piece of advice you can give to someone trying to buy their first home now
- Really know what is your comfortable home budget for you.
What have you seen are the top mistakes homebuyers make? How can they avoid them?
- Counting on future raises.
- Combining other debt like students loan in your mortgage, because you let go of benefits you’d have gotten otherwise.
What could help first time home buyers save time?
- Prepare you documents ahead of time
What could help first time home buyers save money?
- Shop around for lenders and interview them. Make them earn your business!
Is there anything we can do for you?
- Reach out to HUD counselors. Google HUD counselor for your area
1) Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for Free.
2) Go through the most comprehensive How To Buy A House Checklist to make sure you buy your home with confidence without ever missing a step!