Brendi Lopez is a certified Housing Counselor in Pre-Purchase and Foreclosure at Congreso De Latinos Unidos, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Brendi has been in the housing counseling industry for the last 17 years.
Do you want to learn how to buy a house? Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for free.
Top Tips for Buying a Home
What is your biggest piece of advice you can give to someone trying to buy their first home now
- You are not alone. Find your allies (your HUD counselor should be one of them)
- Stay within your means
- Always keep at least 3 months of your total expenses in savings
What have you seen are the top mistakes homebuyers make? How can they avoid them?
- The top mistakes are not having proper education, and not understanding your buying potential
What could help first time home buyers save time?
- Visit a HUD agency first, because that will help you save so much time
What could help first time home buyers save money?
- Shop for lenders and compare their quotes. Also ask about home buying assistance programs that lenders may have, because some give you cash to help you with the closing costs. Remember, you are doing them a favor! Negotiate!
How can first time home buyers choose the best professionals to work with?
- Interview at least 3 realtors to understand if they are a good fit for you.
- Add to your buying team a HUD counselor from your area
Is there anything we can do for you?
- If you have any questions, reach out to a HUD approved agency
- Website: https://www.congreso.net/
1) Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for Free.
2) Go through the most comprehensive How To Buy A House Checklist to make sure you buy your home with confidence without ever missing a step!