Buying a home can be the most overwhelming and stressful experience in your life and with this page we want to give you the resources that first time home buyers need to have an awesome home buying experience.
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products.
- The First Time Home Buyer Podcast
- – Buying your first home can be one of the most stressful, overwhelming, and expensive experiences in your life. This is why we created The First Time Home Buying Podcast, to make this experience EASY and DELIGHTFUL for you. Our goal is to EMPOWER you, the first time home buyer, with all the information and tools that you need so that you can make a great decision buying your first home.
- The How To Buy A House Checklist
- – Follow the step-by-step guide to buy your house: Let us guide you through every step of the homebuying process. We simplify the complexity and empower you with information you need, when you need it.
Getting First Time Home Buyer Grants & Down Payment Assistance
- To understand the type of grants and assistance you have access to as a first time home buyer, go to www.downpaymentresource.com
Preparing Your Credit Score Credit Score
- – This is the score that is used in over 90% of US lending decisions.
- – It lets you compare your FICO Scores and credit reports from all 3 bureaus—Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax—side-by-side, and gives you the tools to review and to correct that the information.
- – They also have a great simulator so you can see how opening a new credit card or paying down debt will impact your score about the 3 major bureaus.
- – With MyFico you’re getting a more in-depth, full picture of your credit health which you should do before getting in touch with your bank to get a pre-approval letter.
- – You can visit them here
Getting Ready For Your Your Home Inspection
- Buy or Run: this great book offers home buyers an honest perspective on the questionable relationship between many realtors and home inspectors