Last month at Minti we learned that the first steps of the home-buying process are:
- Looking online for properties – 44% of all home buyers
- Contacting an agent – 17% of home buyers
- Searching online for information – 11% of home buyers
Surprised? I sure was! This process has changed tremendously in the last decade due to technology!
So far, based on interviews with buyers, data, and my own experience, I would like to build a home buying tool that can:
- Guide home buyers and give them recommendations based on where they are in the process.
- Help home buyers find great professionals and communicate with them efficiently.
- Assist homebuyers finding properties that match their criteria.
- Allow homebuyers to upload and share documents related to their home purchase from one place.
And it makes sense to build a home buying tool like that because research showed that the most difficult steps of the home-buying process are:
- 56% finding the right property
- 20% doing the paperwork
- 16% understanding the process
SO WHAT ARE WE DOING NEXT MONTH?
In order to build something that users want, during the next month I will “get out of the building” ? and have interviews with at least five home buyers.
If you are thinking about or in the process of buying property or if you just bought one, please let me know because I would LOVE to talk to you.
Also if you know someone that is in the process, please let me know too!
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
Because buying a property is one of the most significant financial decisions in your life and also one of the most stressful ones, and we think it can and it should be easy, painless, and even enjoyable. It also happens to be an enormous opportunity where technology can make a huge difference. So, let’s fix this together!
MEME OF THE MONTH
Thanks to all of you for all you do. It takes a village to raise a startup ?
Have a really great day!
Minti: The Home Buyer App
Data sources used for this email: